sometimes i needed for a desktop dictionary on ubuntu linux, now i found how to setup the arabic dictionary in the linux Dictionary:
for gnome :
– open Applications Menu -> Accessories -> Dictionary.
– the Dictionary application is opened. now click edit menu and select Preferences.
– in the source tab click Add button.
– A new window opened, in the Description field write: Arabic Dictionary. or whatever you want to name it.
– let Transport select box as Transport.
– Hostname : dict.arabeyes.org
– Port: 2628
now enjoy using the desktop dictionary.